It is located on the western side of the
village and it used to be a swamp full of dirt but in 1930s and
1940s the people of the village cleaned the well and got pure
clean water. The people also used the well for their cattles and
poultry and today it is considered one of the important
landmarks but unfortunately it is not clean clean as it used to
be in the past.
The old church
It is located in the old part of the village
it was built with help of priest Boulous Ashkar and supported
financially by the people of the village, consruction ended in
1879, and coasted 130 Liras. That date is sculpted above its
The old neighborhood
Itís a big yard lies in the middle of the old
part of the village. It is about 160 squared meters. It was used
for wedding parties and men met there every Sunday morning
before going to the church, that meeting helped to strengthen
the boundaries between people, and everyone felt a part of that
social group. This yard
is also known as the "square of
martyrs" for perpetuation the memory of those who selected and
shot with no mercy.
The construction of the first mosque started
in 1993 in the eastern neighborhood of the village. This was
done with the help of donations given by villagers and people
from other villagers. The mosque was opened in the same year,
even though it wasnít finished yet. The building is of two
stories and the area of each one is 225 m square. The prayers
are held in the first floor.
Eilaboun Heritage House
This house was opened on December, 2006 by
Mr. Nayif Simaan. He started collecting things which go back to
the year 1961. the house had different parts which contain
traditional things and materials, such as the development of
wheat and bread, furniture, spices, medical herbs, jobs and
crafts, the Arabic music, the Arabic kitchen, traditional games
and scales. The purpose of this heritage house is to bring to
life the traditions of the Arabic people and to be aware of the
different life styles our people used to have in the past.
Besides, it is important to revive old games which disappeared
long time ago, and try to go back to nature.
The "Return Hall"
building was conducted by the local council in 2006. The hall is
provided with an indoor 300 seat modern theatre.
The building was
called the "Return Hall" following the show of "Sons of Eilaboun"
documentary film, directed by Hisham Zurik, for the memory of
those who were transferred out of Eilaboun due to Isreli
occupation in 1948.
the late seventies and is still used as a workshop for handmade
arts of copper traditional articles as copper puts and trays
designed with ornaments and unexceptionable writings.
Used for sale of
terrestrial herbs and oil derived of herbs. The herbage house is
known for planting thyme (zaa'tar). Zaa'tar is sold grounded all
over the country since early eighties.
Honey of "Abu Hanna"
Hanna and his family had been involved in the business of
producing and distributing different kinds of honey for more
than five decades. Natural honey, honey mixed with herbs and
propolis are thought to be the fine types of honey that help
cure from specific diseases.